Delays caused due to Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)
Dear Cannerald Community 🌱
As you all surely have noticed, there are currently very strong restrictions worldwide due to the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
It all started around the beginning of January in the city of Wuhan, Hubei province in China. In mid-January, the situation there became worse - but we hoped for a quick solution and action by the Chinese government to avoid a worldwide pandemic.
Since the end of January, we have been in weekly contact with the manufacturers from whom we obtain our equipment and components for the 3 other rooms - Charlie, Delta, and Echo, but the extent of the coronavirus was getting worse day by day.
At the beginning of February, the virus spread in several countries and media and news platforms around the world began to report about the coronavirus.
Globally, there are now severe shortages and production stops by suppliers and manufacturers worldwide - unfortunately, we are now also affected as we import our equipment from several countries around the world to provide the best possible conditions for perfect cannabis quality in our Swiss high-tech facility.
In the beginning, we expected a possible delay of 1-2 weeks from the manufacturers, so we could have started with the growing of Charlie, Delta, and Echo - by the end of March, but this happened several times and last Thursday we were told a possible delay of several weeks.
As the global situation with the pandemic is currently becoming increasingly severe, we have been experiencing delays in shipping traffic for a few days now besides the production delays.
Although we have already made payments for the equipment, we would not have spared you the expense of purchasing the missing components from local manufacturers, so we could have continued to make a smooth start. Unfortunately, as we have not found any alternative suppliers for the missing parts, this is currently not possible.
So, we have to inform you that the completion of the rooms and the start of the growth of Charlie, Delta, and Echo will be delayed until the end of the second quarter of 2020.
We are in permanent contact with the manufacturers and trying to finish everything as soon as possible and will keep you up to date.
Your Cannerald team.